Your view of God will determine your relationship to Him. It is imperative, therefore, to have a correct view of God so that you can have a fulfilling relationship with Him.
So, who is God, and what is He like?
God is Love. This means that His very essence is love. Since His essence is love, everything He says, thinks, and does is motivated by love.
Because God is Love, He must give love, for the nature of love is to give itself. Love must have someone to love. God has chosen to love you.
- God loves you just as you are.
- You do not and cannot earn God's love. He freely gives it to you.
- God demonstrated His love for you by sending His Son, Jesus Christ/Yeshua HaMashiach, to pay the price for your sin by giving His life in exchange for yours.
- God forgives you of every and any sin when you repent and come to Him.
- God created you for a unique purpose that only you can fulfill. You are not an accident as the evolutionists would say.
- You were created to worship. If you do not worship the one true God, you will worship a false god, a creature, an ideology, or an activity.
- You will never know who you truly are until you return to your Creator through Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ is the only way to be reconnected to God the Father, your Creator. Despite what is currently being proclaimed throughout the world, all paths do not lead to God. Only one path leads to God, and that way is Jesus Christ. He Himself said so (John 14:6).
- God has written a personal love letter to you. It is called the Bible.
- The Bible is your manual for living. Just as you receive a manual when you buy a car, so do you receive a manual when you are born into this world. That manual is the Bible. In it you will find everything you need to know to live a happy, healthy, prosperous life in this world.
- You can choose to know God. He has given you a free will because He wants you to love Him freely.
- God wants a personal relationship with you. He wants to be your Father. He wants to bless you, to heal you, to set you free.
- You can choose to be reconnected to your heavenly Father. To do so, accept the only path to re-connection: Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is God the Son. He will reconnect you to God the Father. Jesus alone has provided the way for reconnection. He did so by coming to earth as a man while still being God. Jesus bridged the gap between God and man. He paid for your sin and my sin in our stead. He took the punishment that we should have suffered for our sin against God. In exchange, Jesus gave us eternal life.
Lord Jesus, I believe that You are the Son of God. I accept You now as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for reconnecting me to God the Father. I embrace You, Father. I receive Your embrace. Make of me what You created me to be. Amen.
If you prayed this prayer, please leave a comment or write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you.
Copyright 2014 by Dr. MaryAnn Diorio. All Rights Reserved.