"Then you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." ~ John 8:32

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Here in the United States, we just celebrated Thanksgiving Day. It is a celebration that has its roots in the first settlers of our country who worshipped God and understood that He is the Source of every good thing.

Giving thanks is a key to healing the hurting heart. When we hurt, we tend to focus on everything that is wrong in our lives, on everything that is not exactly as we would like it to be.  But when we give thanks, we shift our focus from what is wrong in our lives to what is right in our lives.

No matter how bad our situation, we can find something for which to give thanks.  Today, instead of pondering your problem, ponder the God Who is so far bigger than your problem. Thank Him that He is always there for you, loving you and caring for you.

If you do not know this magnificent God of Whom I write, you can know Him today.  The way to know Him is through His Son Jesus Christ.  Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6).

If you want to know God the Father, you must first embrace His Son, Jesus Christ, Yeshua HaMaschiach.  By His death and resurrection, Yeshua reconnected us to the Father.  We were separated from Him by sin, but Jesus destroyed the power of sin and offered us the gift of salvation whereby we can be reconciled to the Father.

Accept this gift today by praying this prayer:

Lord Jesus, thank You for dying in my place to pay the price for my sin.  I accept You now as my Savior and my Lord.  Heal my broken heart. Make of me what You created me to be.  Do not allow me to leave this earth until I have fulfilled the destiny for which You created me. In You Name I pray. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, please let me know and I will send you some follow-up material to help you grow in your walk with Christ.  You can reach me at maryann@maryanndiorio.com. If you live in a part of the world where it is dangerous for you to write to me or to post a comment, know that God sees and that I understand. My prayers are with you.
____________________________________________________
Copyright 2014 by Dr. MaryAnn Diorio.  All rights reserved.
Photo Source: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment