"Then you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." ~ John 8:32

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

You Can Choose to Be Free

Emotionally sick people usually feel trapped in a seemingly endless cycle of pain and more pain. Satan wants you to believe that you are doomed to suffer forever and that there is nothing you can do to free yourself from your pain.  This is a lie, and if you continue to believe it, you will remain in bondage to your wounded emotions.

The truth is that you can be free of emotional pain. But in order to be free, you must first believe that you can be free and then you must want to be free.  The desire to be free is key to your becoming free. You must have a burning desire to be free, and then you must do what it takes to be free.

What does it take to be free?  Here are some of the most important things it takes to be free:
  • Being free means acknowledging that you cannot heal yourself.
  • Being free means acknowledging that you need a Savior to heal you.
  • Being free means accepting your Savior, Jesus Christ, and trusting Him to heal you.
  • Being free means obeying His Truth that will set you free. This Truth is found in the Holy Bible.
As you take these steps toward freedom, you will enter a new realm of living, a realm of peace and joy unlike anything you have ever known. 

Here is a simple prayer you can pray to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord:

Jesus, I come to You just as I am.  Broken, hurting, and deeply wounded. I know that You accept me just as I am. There is nothing I can do to earn Your love. You give it to me freely. Your love for me is not dependent on my performance but on Your goodness.  So I come to You now and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Heal my broken heart, Lord. Restore my soul. Make me the person You created me to be. In Your Name I pray and receive by faith.  Amen.

Once you accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and Lord, you will be on your way to complete emotional health. But know that Satan will not like the fact that you are moving toward freedom. He will try to stop you at every turn by attempting to fill your mind again with his lies. Resist him. As a born-again believer in Jesus Christ, you have the power and authority to resist the devil and he must flee from you. 

Please let me know if you have prayed this prayer. You can write to me at drmaryann@maryanndiorioministries.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment