"Then you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." ~ John 8:32

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Gift of Grace

If you are like me, you mess up in some way nearly every day. Whether it is through a misspoken word or a thoughtless act, we succumb to our human frailty on a regular basis.

If you are also like me, you feel very bad when you sin.  To sin means to miss the mark.  As humans, we frequently miss the mark because of our flawed nature.

When we sin, however, we have an Advocate before the Father in Heaven. Our Advocate, or Lawyer, is Jesus Christ Himself.  If we have accepted Him as our Savior, He pleads our case before the Father.

The Father is the Judge. Jesus is the Defense Attorney. If we are in Christ through being born again, then when we stand before the Father, the Father looks at us through the lens of Christ. The Father sees that we are in Christ, and the Father acquits us.

How great a gift God has given us in Jesus Christ!  If you have not yet accepted the Gift of Christ, which is the Gift of Grace, I urge you to do so now. Here is a prayer you can pray:

Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I cannot save myself. I need You to save me. I receive You now as my Savior. Cleanse me and make me whole. In Your Name I pray. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, you are now a child of God.  Your next step is to begin reading the Bible. Then find a good church that teaches the Word of God in all of its fullness and without compromise.

If you have any questions about your new birth in Christ, please write to me at maryann@maryanndiorio.com. I will be happy to answer your questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment